Friday, March 2, 2012

GP are ya with me?!

Lol. Currently listening to S.T.O.M.P. by Kirk Franklin the Original Mix. :) Duuuude, I just discovered the Contemporay Gospel station on Pandora. -spazzes- OMG. I don't think I've mentioned before, but I have decided that I will no longer be (if I can help) listening to anything other than Gospel/Christain/Worship music. And I've noticed a change. It's a wonderful transition of maturity. I feel calmer, I don't get as angry, and I am constantly reminded of God's grace. It's a wonderful thing to do, and I think it's the greatest decision I've ever made in contribution to my happiness. I no longer wish to listen to "secular" music. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I'm only speaking from my personal point of view. I used to sit and wonder how people like my mom and dad, or my boyfriend's parents, and also other people I've met can just sit and listen to gospel all day. It never made any sense to me, but now I understand. It is more of a personal thing. My mom always says to me "When you know better, you DO better." As far back as I can remember, she always made it a point to say "Does that uplift God?"

And don't get me started on the HIP HOP CULTRAL MOVEMENT Series that was held at my church. I LEARNED SO MUCH. And I will post on that later in life. Lol. But I'm serious about sharing what I learned with all of you. I said all that to say, when we know it doesn't promote God, why would we do it? I know it may seem like I'm blowing something so simple out proportion, like music, but it has always been a serious issue to me. Every time I would reload my iPod or the MP3 on my phone, a thought would go through my head "Delete and start over," and I wouldn't even have to think about with what, because I already knew the answer. This is where my heart lies. Praising and worshipping my savior. He does so many great things for us, He always waits for us, but we do a half jobs and expect instant blessings. It really makes you think. I'm quite proud of myself that I've come to this realisation. It seems like more and more everyday, I gain an ounce of maturity. It's a great feeling. :) I absolutely love that I have erased that contributing factor to the negativety in my life. I am a happier person. :)

I HAVE GREAT NEWS: I've also decided on which college I will be attending! :D I will post when I can make a pretty and nice banner or something to support my new school. Of all schools that I can get into, I chose this one. Everyone told me not to go, because I should be surrounded by people of my calibur, but I think I'll be fine. I have God on my side, child. :D

Have a BLESSED day. :D

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on picking your college. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself. You are so correct about the kind of music that you listen to. It is important not to allow alot negative or perverse things into you life...much less your ears. I went a month just listening to gospel and I enjoyed it but I have to admit I like to hear a little good R & B sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I've been tempted to revert back, but I'm too content with just Gospel. Haha. Right now I'm listening to "No Weapon" by Fred Hammond. One of my favorite songs, it just makes me feel so great to be blessed by the Lord. To know I can do all things simply because HE SAYS I CAN. It's amazing.

    And I'm still trying to find a banner worth posting. Lol. :P

    ReplyDelete