Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wash Day 2/29/12

Good morning, beauties! I am currrently unable to post pictures of my hair but when I am able to, I will certainly edit this blog post. I'm so excited about the way my hair came out, it's beautiful. I didn't even realise how many products I didn't need when it comes to just simple styling.

I'd like to start off by saying that if any of you have seen my new page titled "Regimen" I was totally confused about a PreePoo. Lemme tell ya'! PP'ing was probably the best desicion I ever made in my life in regards to my hair. As I have stated, my hair retains LOTS of moiture. It doesn't take very much in order for it to shine like the sun, and it doesn't take much for me too look like I belong on hotghtettomess dot com. (My boyfriend says that, lol.)

But I'm going to go through my run down. I followed my regimen, minus the wrap lotion, and if you read yesterday's post about the Aphogee, then we all know what happen to that. :( But, an-tee-way!

Yesterday, I PP'd my hair with a mix of African Pride's Olive Growth Oil mixed with water. It was so diluted that the oil was actually at the top of the bottle, so every time, before I sprayed I shook up my solution.


Best decision ever! Anyway, I put on a shower cap and I let the natural heat from my body do it's thing. Another contributing factor was the steam from the shower I took. My only downfall that I didn't detangle my hair. BAD MISTAKE. So I washed my scalp with Sauve Almond and Shea Shampoo, and agitated my scalp with the pads of my fingers.



Afterward, I deep conditioned for one hour with this:


And to my surprise, it did better than expected. I found it in our bathroom cabinet and applied to my hair. Shampoo = Scalp, Conditioner = Hair. I took a nap and everything and once I rinsed, I immediatley noticed a difference. The bottle says leave in for 3 minutes, but my hair is very corse and thick, so I added extra timing. When I looked in the sink, I only had TWO STRANDS OF HAIR IN THE SINK. I virtually had no breakage! I solute the PP for that. :) But my DC has made my hair so soft, and gentle, and flowly, a beautiful! Then I applied my leave-in:

I had to spray a lot in order to aid in detangling. If you've read in my hair tab, I like the Motions but Motions contains alcohol. I was determined to make my Aphogee work. Well in the end I lost a CLUMP OF HAIR. Due to my not detangling prior to PP'ing. Siiiiigh. I'll post a picture of my lost hair. And I also applied Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum to my ends, and VERY LITTLE through my hair as a heat protectant.


That stuff is the bomb, and it smells sooooo yummy! :) I love it. When I was down, I combed my hair down and let it hang, I did a length check and got under my hooded dryer set to low heat. Lemme tell ya'! God is good! I thought it would take forever, but I wasn't under the dryer a good 45 minutes. PRAISE JESUS! I'll also post my "afro" later. Lol. I flat ironed my hair, with no more products added, because when I got under the dryer I had a generous amount of shine. Just lovely! I have to post my flat iron results, but my end product comes from my overnight wrapping. When I took it down this morning: bouncy, flawless, shiny, beautiful hair. :D I was sooo proud of myself!

Now I need to optimise for growth, LOL. That Olive Oil has "growth miracle" on it and it does work! I defenately recommend it to anyone. Plus it's good for skin and nails. So amazing :) I'll be sure to post my pictures once I am able to!

Oh! I ordered my free KeraCare samples by the advice of Vee! You guys have a blessed day! :)

I am so happy about my hair :D Although my ends are like...in need of intensive care. Sigh. Lol

(All pictures taken from Google.)

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're having good hair days! Pre-pooing is the "bizniss". Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love when you have a great wash day?!

    Can't wait to see the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pre-pooing is a must for me. Even if it's only for 10 mins I have to do it before a wash. And detangling after applying the pre-poo is critical to reduce breakage. I see u're learning as u go along! HHG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I was just trying to see if I could actually benefit from it, and I definitely do! I see the young ladies walking around my school and I'm sure they have no idea what a Pre-Poo is! They have no idea what their hair is lacking! Lol, I wish I could advocate this, but they might look at me like I'm crazy. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They will definitely listen when your hair sarts flourishing!

    ReplyDelete